September 2011 Challenge: The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook
  • We're delighted to announce our newest challenge: The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook. This instant classic is the book that started it all for Ina Garten, and we're going back to the beginning to cook this book! Check out the challenge page for all the details.

Let's get cooking!
  • Well, I got my book the other day (my first Garten book) and made a recipe from it yesterday and loved it! So this challenge is starting off with a bang for me. I've already picked out a few more to try this week.
  • I'm sorry for the delay - blame my vacation in sunny Florida - but I'm happy to announce the winners of the most recent challenge. I've spun the random number generator and members sturlington, kateq and auntandiz will all be getting a prize for their participation. I'll email you all separately about the prize. Congratulations and thanks to everyone who took part!
  • Many thanks!! I feel like I won several times over---I found several "keeper" recipes, ate some great food and won a book! How cool is that?!
  • Congratulations to all! I really enjoy these challenges and the associated reviews.
  • I'd like to add my congrats to the winners as well. I didn't get to cook as much as I'd have liked from my copy but I had fun with the ones I did get to make and sure enjoyed reading about what others had chosen to make. Not sure if I'll participate in the next challenge as my Mom was diagnosed with lung cancer and also sundowner dementia a couple months ago and is getting worse so I'm spending most of my free time with her and my Dad helping out. I do enjoy coming to cookbooker to read and relax when I get the chance.
  • I am so sorry to hear about your family issues. I hope you can get a hold of The Pie and Pastry Bible if you don't already have it as it is such great reading. I also want to add my congratulations and I really enjoyed cooking with everyone. I used to think I couldn't review a recipe that already had a lot of reviews, but now I really want to cook those recipes that everyone agrees are great.
  • I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, southerncooker -- I know it must mean a lot to both your parents that you are able to be there and help out. Good luck to all of you.
  • Dear Southerncooker - I add my sympathy - what a difficult time it must be. Be strong and don't forget to also take care of yourself.
  • Sieburp, aj12745 and Queezle Sister, thank you for you kind words.

I got my daughter to check out the Pie and Pastry Bible for me. I have several recipes marked to try as soon as I have time.

Search Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!